Friday, February 17, 2006

One two One two


1,2,1,2...A monotonous beat providing my soundtrack,
I'ma come through,this son grew,not on these streets,you see before I found rap,
I was raise by my folks,well mostly my father,
He used to drink and he smoked,now as I grew larger,
He started getting strict,he had a funny way of discipline,
So I started getting whipped and the lashes were just sinking in,
So after him drinking gin,he'd make me march,called it exercise,
His breath was stinking,hm would tell me how my chest must rise,
Keep my posture straight,1,2,1,2,keep on the beat,
And now my shoulders shake,whenever I speak on the beat,
'Coz the rhythm reminds me of when my self-respect was taken away,
Lost in them visions,my mind be,so full of pain I can't say,
My father lived by the rhythm but his death wasn't in sync,
Like the disharmony hidden,came up on him,crushing the link,
A freak auto accident,but the son of a bitch was an impeccable driver!
Maybe some stress taxing him,god knows,the event left no survivors,
The car's phone dial tone was dead,beeping 1,2,1,2,
Imagine him trying for survival alone,who will come through?Some dude,
Found his dead body,and now raindrops on the roof forming that rhythm,
Eulogies will be said shortly,I feel nothing like my soul's lacking vision,
I never loved the man,as a kid I dreaded his presence and later just ignored hm,
So I touch his coffin with hand,felt some sorta essence,a peace of mind flowed in,
He was dead,I was the one who had to live,my dad was some dude!Dumb fool!
So I just shook my head while blessing his spirit,and my tears fell on him,1,2,1,2....

1 Comments:

Blogger a-list said...

what do you mean you wanna try it out...like record it?yeah..i been thinkin' of recording this for a while now...it's the first verse of a 3-part story song...one of my more ambitous pieces...and don't worry..you'll get it..i've got some very intresting excercises worked out for our next jam session...we will write the most mind-fucking song anyone's ever heard!!!and that's a promise...

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home