Friday, February 17, 2006

Dreams



This right here is the work of a real lyricist,
And it's quite clear, the earth ain't where my lyrics is,
I spit the kind of bars that defy gravity,
And even though my mind's scarred and my eyes panicky,
From the danger I sensed, I still hold on to my calm,
In my brain's chamber I'm tense, a snake rolls on to my arm,
It's skin is so cold, I feel a chill in my spine,
It spins and it rolls, this shit's so real in my mind,
But it's not,this no jungle,I'm in the middle of the street,
On the block, now you wonder, is this a riddle to a beat?
Or is a postmodernist abstract mode of expression?
Am I just talking shit or is there a moral or lesson?
Does the snake stand for society and I be humanity?
Choked by the heirarchy, do is seek the meaning of true sanity?
I'ma have to stop you right there,'coz that's not what this is about,
I had a nightmare and now I'm just spitting it out,

It was just a bad dream, no cause for alarm,
You saw a bad scene, like a dead rat that falls on your arm,
Eyes turn red, and then it starts biting your heart,
At night you're in bed, and now you ain't liking the dark,

Little kids shiver at night 'coz they think the bogeyman is around,
Their lips quiver with fright,what if the bogeyman comes down?
They look at the closet door, if it even shakes they run,
Even drop to floor, all they night they wait for sun,
Some sleep with a night light but despite all you do,
Can't escape that night fright, hear the spirits calling you,
"Come on to sleep where pretty dreams you dream,
Where everything's sweet and it all seems so clean,"
Till the surface dissappears and you see the other side,
Where it's all very clear, you're in for another ride,
Where the mothers cried, every step has a landmine,
This ain't no other side, this just a man's mind,
You search but you can't find a way out of this mess,
You try but but you can't climb, you just lay down in your rest,
But what seems like rest may be a whole other thing,
It could be a dream like death, that your soul smothers in,

It was just a bad dream, no cause for alarm,
You saw a bad scene, like a dead rat that falls on your arm,
Eyes turn red, and then it starts biting your heart,
At night you're in bed, and now you ain't liking the dark,

They say life is a nightmare and death is when you awake from sleep,
And they say you see a white glare, so maybe all the hatred and grief,
Is all a dream, in the words of Christopher Wallace,
I remember the walls so clean, in that room where I was searching for knowledge,
In one of my dreams, though you could call it a vision,
And though it seems like an alcoholic with spittin',
'Coz I'm addicted to this, but there's more to the picture,
So as I'm flipping scripts and putting my soul in these scriptures,
But the dreams you see define the kind of person you are,
And it's me who is flippin' and cursing these stars,
Spittin' and hurting these scars, 'coz if your dreams define your humanity,
Then think about it, your nightmares define the cruel clarity,
Of the monsters inside, the dark side of the moon,
The roster of vice, the heart flies in a swoon,
Till you don't see them nightmares, them nightmares see you instead,
And that's the truth right there, the buzz you feel in your head.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pranaadhika Sinha Devburman - Bat said...

They say life is a nightmare and death is when you awake from sleep

you are's my daddy's.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home